Technical Bid Writer
Trilateral Research, Ltd. is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data driven innovation. We provide research, advisory and technology development services to private and public-sector organisations. The candidate will be expected to support the research and technical teams to identify and bid-for relevant open tenders and framework contracts, supporting the business develop and grow into this area. For more information on our work, see: http://trilateralresearch.co.uk
The post-holder will be expected to liaise with the research, technical and administrative teams to coordinate and respond to business development through contributing technical writing skills to the effort to pursue open tenders, framework and grant applications in the area of data-driven solutions for social good.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Lead and write technical contributions for applications around the areas of technology assessment for data analytics, user requirements gathering and pitching data science, cloud solution and algorithmic transparency work.
- Convey complicated technical ideas to non-expert readers with clarity and a minimum of obscure jargon
- Create compelling, precise, client-focused RFP responses
- Customize responses based on client-specific questions
- Build an understanding of clients’ needs in order to tailor responses to the target audience
- Commit to support the efficiency of the RFP process and the quality of our responses for our clients and prospects
- Adhere to strict deadlines with the ability to assess and reprioritize projects based on client needs
- Build an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the firm’s product and service offerings for compelling and effective solution building
- Support staff with the co-ordination, creation, design and submission of tender materials throughout the end-to-end bidding process
- Liaise with Senior Management, research and technical teams to understand what services and expertise we have to offer and to ensure that the documents we’re submitting fully explain the solution and meet all of the customer’s requirements;
- Support the establishment of networks in the UK and Europe to successfully pursue both single applicant and collaborative tenders and framework agreements;
- Proof-read documentation related to the tender process to ensure its complete accuracy.
What you will need to be successful:
- Undergraduate degree holder, preferably in business, Information Technology or Software development.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrable interest in data analytics, technology assessment and cloud solutions for social good and the ability to translate and design technical pieces of work in line with our offering.
- Previous successful experience of designing and managing bid tender processes relating to the provision of technical services.
- An understanding of the full design and tender process lifecycle
- Experience in developing networks for effective partnership and collaboration in tenders and framework contracts
- The capability to write effective, concise and compelling content
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a varied workload
- The ability to be agile and reactive to an ever-changing environment.
Working hours and location:
- Full time (with some flexibility for part time in exceptional cases)
- Remote working with some attendance in our London office as required
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject: Technical Bid Writer Application.