How to achieve cookie compliance
Why is cookie compliance important?
Compliance is essential to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals who access information services.
Cookie compliance is measured by whether or not website operators are in line with cookie processing requirements as set out by ePrivacy Regulations and meet the standard of GDPR transparency and consent.
How does compliance work across Europe?
Cookies and other tracking technologies have received a lot of attention in the last few months by regulators across Europe, who are charged with enforcing data protection and ePrivacy laws.
Recent enforcement action taken by the Irish Data Protection Commission (DPC) and the French Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL) indicate emerging areas of alignment and harmonisation across Europe.
- Competing goals between compliance and other business functions
- Translating legal requirements into technical implementation
- Managing multiple websites and digital partners
- Validating compliance
How to do it right.
- Do’s and don’ts of cookie compliance
- Examples of best practices
- Instructions for using Cookie Management Platforms (CMPs)